Eight Operator Individuals Who Have Dedicated Their Careers to the Foodservice Industry to be Recognized at Awards Celebration in May
IFMA is proud to announce the 2020 IFMA Silver Plate Award recipients. Silver Plate winners in eight categories were unveiled today at the 2020 IFMA Chain Operators EXchange (COEX) in New Orleans.
IFMA's annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards honors the nation’s leading foodservice operator talent. Silver Plate winners are nominated by IFMA members and industry leaders, then selected by a distinguished jury including national trade press, foodservice experts and past Gold & Silver Plate award winners. From the Silver Plate winners, one is chosen by the jury to receive the industry's most prestigious recognition, IFMA’s Gold Plate Award, revealed for the first time during the 66th annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards Celebration in Chicago.
“For 66 years the IFMA Gold & Silver Plate Awards have recognized foodservice operators achieving excellence throughout their careers,” said IFMA President and CEO, Larry Oberkfell. “The 2020 Silver Plate recipients join the ranks of the industry’s best in each category.”
2020 Silver Plate Class:
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept:
- Joe Essa, President & CEO | Thomas Keller Restaurant Group
- Chain Full Service:
- Phil Hickey, Chairman | Miller's Ale House Restaurants
- Chain Limited Service:
- Scott Redler, COO/Co-Founder | Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers
- Health Care:
- Eric Eisenberg, Director of Dining Services | Rogue Valley Manor
- Elementary & Secondary Schools:
- Bertrand Weber, Director, Culinary & Wellness Services | Minneapolis Public Schools
- Colleges & Universities:
- Zia Ahmed, Senior Director of Dining Services | The Ohio State University
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management:
- Victoria Vega, Senior Vice President, Specialty Group | Unidine Corporation
- Retail & Specialty:
- Brandon Chrostowski, Founder/President/CEO | EDWINS Leadership & Restaurant Institute
The annual celebration continues to be the industry’s biggest of the year, as several other individuals and organizations will be honored through the National Restaurant Association “Legends” Award, the Specialty Food Association “sofi” Awards and the Women’s Foodservice Forum (WFF) “Women in Manufacturing” Award.
The annual celebration continues to be the industry’s biggest of the year, as several other individuals and organizations will be honored through the National Restaurant Association “Legends” Award, the Specialty Food Association “sofi” Award and the Women’s Foodservice Forum (WFF) “Women in Manufacturing” Award.
The 66th Gold & Silver Plate Awards Celebration will take place on Saturday, May 16, during National Restaurant Association Show Week at Chicago’s historic Union Station. Award-winning Chef Rick Bayless will serve as the evening’s Master of Ceremonies.
Click here for more information on the event and to reserve your table.