IFMA is pleased to announce its 2019 Key Person, Sparkplug, Presidents, and Tobin Awards, which will be presented at IFMA's 57th annual Presidents Conference, Nov. 5th in Scottsdale, AZ. The recipients represent the most passionate and active professionals throughout the industry and IFMA's membership.
The IFMA Key Person Award
Recognizes an executive who has demonstrated an extraordinary level of activity and commitment to IFMA. This year’s honoree is Perry Miele, President at Nestlé Professional North America. Miele has been a member of IFMA’s Board of Directors since 2013. He is IFMA’s current First Vice Chairman of the Board and has been a key contributor and leader on many IFMA and industry initiatives, including chairing its Consumer Planning Program, Presidents Conference, Membership and Awards Committees.
IFMA’s Sparkplug Award
Distinguishes professionals who display passionate and dynamic leadership in the foodservice industry. This year’s winners are the leaders of IFMA’s new Operator Advisory Councils, who are providing thought leadership to IFMA’s membership and collaboratively creating new insights and best practices pertaining to their segments.
- Philip Dale Ray,Global Culinary Operations Manager, LinkedIn – B&I Advisory Board
- Lisa Kartzman,Senior Director Supply Chain, SHAKE SHACK – Small/Midsize Chain Advisory Board
- Jim McGrody,Director of Culinary Services, UNC Rex Healthcare – Healthcare Advisory Board
- Adam Russo,Director of School Food and Nutrition Services, Prince William County Public Schools – K-12 Advisory Board
- Rafi Taherian, Associate Vice President at Yale Hospitality, Yale University – C&U Advisory Board
The IFMA Presidents Award
Pays tribute to individuals who have put forth substantial determination and demonstrated leadership that results in significant change in the foodservice industry. This year’s winners have played a significant role in the development of IFMA’s Supply Chain Optimization best practice over the past two years, driving transformative change around how businesses think about and act upon traceability, visibility, and transparency challenges.
- Sherry Davenport,Senior Director of Marketing, HAVI
- Steven Rodgers,Vice President, Business Development - Analytics/Supply Chain/Promotions, HAVI
- Kelly Ryan, Senior Manager Sales Operations, HAVI
- Ken Shearer,Senior Vice President, Sales & Business Development, HAVI
The IFMA William J. Tobin Award
Honors an industry executive who has made notable and lasting contributions to foodservice education. This year’s honoree is Hugh Roth, Senior Vice President - Chief Customer and Business Development Officer at PepsiCo Global Foodservice. Roth has been a member of IFMA’s Board of Directors since 2017 and has served in several leadership roles, including Chairman of IFMA’s Education Foundation for the past two years. Through his leadership, the Foundation has launched People Future 2025, an initiative that is focused on promoting the vast career opportunities in foodservice manufacturing to the next generation of leaders, as well as the launch of IFMA’s Career Center, an online platform that connects foodservice companies and prospective employees.
Congratulations to our 2019 IFMA Award winners! Click here to learn more about the IFMA Awards programs, and join to celebrate these esteemed recipients at IFMA's 2019 Presidents Conference, November 3-5 in Scottsdale, AZ.