Our talented and deeply passionate foodservice industry is always excited by the opportunity to find new solutions that challenge us and help us grow. We are always excited to welcome new faces to join our industry — but like most recruiting processes, there’s an interview first. That is why we wanted to share some tips and tricks on how to nail your next interview.
- Be Authentic: Always be honest about your experiences: where you’ve succeeded, where you’ve failed, and most importantly what you’ve learned along the way.
- Know Your ‘Why’: Before you go into the interview, be sure to think about your ‘why.’ An interviewer won’t ask you about this point-blank, but knowing whyyou’re interested in the foodservice industry , why you’re interested in a specific role, and more broadly why you think that working in the industry should be your next step will truly set you up to feel more confident and focused during your interview.
- Be Prepared: Take the time to research the industry as well as any related articles or news about foodservice. A great starting point is right here on IFMAworld.com. Also, make sure you know the company and job description so you are able to speak to your skills as they pertain to the role.
- Know Your Audience: Get a sense of who you’re speaking with beforehand and their role within the company.
- Follow Up: Gratitude is always appreciated. We suggest emailing your recruiter or coordinator to express thanks after your interview.
If you are ready to jump in, help us tackle challenges and opportunities, take ownership, and drive meaningful outcomes in a highly collaborative and dynamic industry, check out the available jobs and internships on IFMA Foodverse.