Dear Fellow IFMA Members:
As Chair of the Board of Directors of IFMA for 2019, it has been my pleasure and honor to serve our membership and the foodservice industry. The vision and direction set by the Board of Directors has provided our members with programs and tools that helped them grow their businesses and develop new skills in our very competitive industry.
I’d like to share a few of the key accomplishments we achieved in 2019:
- Food Future 2025TM – The foodservice industry’s first comprehensive and interactive framework offering insights into the forces impacting the current and future state of the foodservice landscape, launched its three core pillars for insights this year:
- New Operator Landscape Portal – A customizable online tool that enhances segment knowledge, provides market level data and profiles operators.
- New Go-to-Market Model – An interactive model to identify leading and emerging distribution channels and how operators use them.
- The Consumer Food JourneySM – An end-to-end understanding of how consumers make their food and beverage choices (to release at Presidents Conference).
- Operator Advisory Councils – With the creation of five new Operator Advisory Councils, IFMA is bringing the operator voice and needs closer to our members, as evidenced by segment-specific sessions at Marketing & Sales Conference and Presidents Conference.
- Increased ROI Membership Investment – With an estimated value of $304,700 in benefits set by Members, IFMA made significant investments in insights, research, tools, best practices, and member-only events this year to ensure members are exceeding ROI on their membership investment.
These are just some of the many accomplishments we’ve achieved this year and will continue to achieve on behalf of our membership. The single quality that sets IFMA apart in our industry is the participation and engagement of our members. We truly are a member driven organization reflecting what you—the foodservice manufacturer and foodservice professional—needs to succeed in today’s competitive marketplace.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. If you would like additional detail, please feel free to reach out to myself or Larry Oberkfell, President/CEO of IFMA.
Chair, IFMA Board of Directors
Senior Vice President/GM Frozen
Dawn Food Products