At Marketing & Sales Leaders Forum 2013, foodservice executives came together for in-depth discussions on ways marketing and sales professionals can better collaborate and to share insights and best practices.
Bill Hale, president of The Hale Group, delivered a key analysis of the foodservice industry and where its headed in 2020. In case you missed it, login to download the Foodservice 2020 Executive Summary.
Key findings include:
- The foodservice market has matured, with significant strategic implications for all foodservice players: operators, distributors, and manufacturers.
- The focus of consumers on value and convenience is leading to a "blurring of channels."
- Consolidation of operator purchasing will continue.
- The distribution landscape has changed, to the advantage of large broadline distributors and alternative format specialists.
- Foodservice distributors are facing challenges to their basic business model, and will have to adapt to survive.
- Foodservice manufacturers face a set of strategic imperatives.
The Foodservice 2020 Executive Summary is available for all IFMA members. Login to download and share it throughout your organization.
Download another executive summary from Marketing & Sales Leaders Forum: