IFMA instituted the Gold and Silver Plate Awards in 1954 to pay tribute to the most outstanding and innovative talents in nine segments of foodservice operations.
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept
- Chain Full Service/Multi-Concept
- Chain Limited Service
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management
- Health Care
- Elementary & Secondary Schools
- Colleges & Universities
- Specialty Foodservice
- Hotels & Lodging
Each year, a distinguished jury of trade press editors and previous award winners weighs the merits of hundreds of candidates before selecting the executives who are honored with the Silver Plate Award. From among them, one is chosen by secret ballot to receive the industry's most coveted recognition, the IFMA Gold Plate.
Mark your calendars for the Gold & Silver Plate Celebration, Saturday, May 19, 2018:
- Two new awards−In addition to the National Restaurant Association's new Legendary Award, recognizing an operator for their distinguished career in foodservice, the WFF will debut their 2018 WFF Women in Manufacturing Award.