IFMA instituted the Gold and Silver Plate Awards in 1954 to pay tribute to the most outstanding and innovative talents in nine segments of foodservice operations.
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept
- Chain Full Service/Multi-Concept
- Chain Limited Service
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management
- Health Care
- Elementary & Secondary Schools
- Colleges & Universities
- Specialty Foodservice
- Hotels & Lodging
Each year, a distinguished jury of trade press editors and previous award winners weighs the merits of hundreds of candidates before selecting the executives who are honored with the Silver Plate Award. From among them, one is chosen by secret ballot to receive the industry's most coveted recognition, the IFMA Gold Plate.
Mark your calendars for the Gold & Silver Plate Celebration, Saturday, May 20, 2017:
- Location−Revel Fulton Market, 1215 West Fulton Street, is located in Chicago's hot West Loop neighborhood, packed with nightlife that features all the best of the city in one location.
- Event night−by popular demand, the celebration will be held on Saturday.
- One new award−the National Restaurant Association will unveil a new award recognizing an operator for their distinguished career in foodservice.