Recognizing Talent Through Foodservice
IFMA established award programs to recognize outstanding operators, manufacturers, distributors and associate partners. Join us in celebrating greatness through these exclusive industry awards!
Gold & Silver Plate Awards
IFMA instituted the Gold and Silver Plate Awards in 1954 to pay tribute to the most outstanding and innovative talents in nine segments of foodservice operations.
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept Operator
- Chain Full Service/Multi-Concept
- Chain Limited Service
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management
- Health Care
- Elementary & Secondary Schools
- Colleges & Universities
- Specialty Foodservice
- Hotels & Lodging
Each year, a distinguished jury of trade press editors and previous award winners weighs the merits of hundreds of candidates before selecting the executives who are honored with the Silver Plate Award. From among these nine, one is chosen by secret ballot to receive the industry's most coveted recognition, the IFMA Gold Plate. Click here to view a list of past Gold and Silver Plate Awards.
COEX Innovation Awards
COEX Innovation Awards recognize regional and national chain companies that are shaping the industry through innovation in culinary, operations, marketing and service.
The nomination period for the COEX 2013 Innovation Awards has closed. Find out who wins at COEX, March 3-6, 2013.
The Distributor Awards are presented on behalf of IFMA each year at Presidents Conference. The awards acknowledge distributor leadership and overall excellence within the foodservice industry. They also give IFMA an opportunity to share its sincere appreciation for the integral role distributors play in the foodservice channel.
Nominations are now being accepted in the following categories.
- Excellence in Distribution Award - Recognizes a corporate or independent distribution organization that has demonstrated excellence in the categories of management and leadership, customer relations, supplier relations and industry/community contributions. Nomination Form
- Distributor Sales & Marketing Performance Award - Recognizes a single independent distributor or an individual operating company of a distributor with multiple locations that has demonstrated successful planning and execution of creative sales and marketing. Nomination Form
In addition, a jury will determine the winner of a third category:
- Distinguished Industry Achievement Award - Recognizes an individual who has brought about positive change in the foodservice distribution community and has been a pioneer in the areas of management, marketing and operations.
Note: You must be an IFMA member to nominate.
Sparkplug, Presidents, Key Person Awards
The Sparkplug, Presidents and Key Person Awards are also presented at the annual IFMA/IFDA Presidents Conference.
- Sparkplug Award - Honors IFMA manufacturer member individuals and operator individuals who have made significant impacts on the association's programs through their board and/or committee involvement.
- Presidents Award - Honors IFMA associate member individuals who are reputable and vital partners throughout the industry.
- Key Person Awards - Honors an IFMA manufacturer member individual who has an exceptional record of activity and high level of commitment to the association.