Arby’s has experienced strong performance in recent years, which can be attributed to the work the company has done to rebuild its brand and culture, as well as to product innovation in partnership with franchisees and suppliers.
To serve its target customers, Arby’s continually develops limited time offers (LTOs) that reinforce its brand vision of “eternally deli-inspired delicious.” The company is committed to streamlining operations through technology, attracting employees with a strong culture and building awareness through traditional marketing and social media activities.
During IFMA Presidents Conference 2015 Paul Brown, CEO, Arby’s Restaurant Group Inc. and Jeff Davis, Chairman, U.S. Beef Corporation (the largest Arby’s Franchisee group), explained how the two work together to achieve success. The LeaderThink session was moderated by Phil Kafarakis, Chief Innovation & Member Advancement Officer, National Restaurant Association.
Highlights of an executive summary covering this LeaderThink session include:
- How the Arby’s corporate team listened to franchisees and customers as it rebuilt its brand and culture.
- How understanding the target consumer guides Arby’s product development and marketing.
- Why Arby’s LTO strategy attracts customers, but requires cooperation from franchisees and suppliers.
- Why technology improved productivity even as labor costs increased.
- How war for talent is won through culture as well as compensation.
- Why social media is a powerful way to promote a foodservice brand.
View the full version of this executive summary.
Login to view this content in its entirety if you are already an IFMA member.