CRITICAL FOODSERVICE GO-TO-MARKET INSIGHTS & STRATEGIES TO BE UNVEILED AT IFMA'S 2014 MARKETING & SALES LEADERS FORUM
Host Sponsor Rich Products Corp. Joined by Co-Sponsors Datassential, The NPD Group and Food Genius
CHICAGO, JULY 21, 2014-The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) proudly-announced its industry leading Marketing & Sales Leaders Forum (MSLF) at Rich Products Corp.'s new Innovation Center in Buffalo, NY, Aug. 5-6. IFMA along with Rich Products and co-sponsors; including Datassential, The NPD Group and Food Genius, provide for powerful and current insights to drive successful sales and marketing initiatives in the foodservice industry.
"Participants will get critical insights and best practice pilot updates on key industry projects such as Category Management. In addition, they will also receive traditional information on segments and industry trends. This is THE conference for Sales & Marketing planning and execution," said IFMA President and CEO Larry Oberkfell.
Focus on Critical Foodservice Trends:
Key industry indicators that drive forward-looking marketing and sales decisions will be covered at the conference. MSLF 2014 co-sponsors, and other subject-matter-experts, will either present or be available to discuss cutting-edge industry trends and visions. A sampling of these topics include:
- "Small" is big news-Datassential reports new restaurant concepts feature streamlined menus that are on average 30% smaller, with an emphasis on quality and a unique food focus. How does this impact your product strategies?
- National chains must think locally-The NPD Group notes that national chains must act more like independents to drive increased visits and profitability. Understanding what local customers and consumers want requires being more nimble than ever before.
- Don't lose the forest for the trees-Food Genius sees an explosion of interest and buzz around sriracha, but is increasingly concerned that manufacturers are missing huge opportunities in the broader "spicy" trend taking place by focusing on just one of its components.
- Successful food needs a story-Datassential indicates Limited Time Offers (LTOs) have exploded over the past decade, growing from 32% of chain menu activity in 2006 to a whopping 70% today. But as a result of this rapid proliferation, LTOs have lost meaning with consumers, which is why "food with a story" helps everything from specific dishes to entire restaurants stand out from the crowd.
2014 MSLF Conference Overview:
The MSLF conference is attended by foodservice business unit leaders, sales and marketing professionals, research and insights professionals and industry partners, providers and suppliers. Key conference features and benefits for attendees include:
- A complimentary copy of IFMA's Insights Library (valued at $1,095). Prepared by Datassential, the Insights Library provides accurate industry numbers and extensive content for each operator segment to support planning and execution.
- An expert lineup of seasoned foodservice panelists presenting data and industry forecasts while also leading discussions on relevant topics, such as category management; operator collaboration best practices; the effective of globalization, supply chain changes and increased contracted business on the industry and more.
- Breakout sessions providing group interaction and deeper knowledge to help attendees break down the silos and provide better collaboration with internal colleagues, partners and customers.
# # #
About International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA):
IFMA is a leading trade association comprised of the world's most prestigious food, equipment and supply manufacturers in the $600 billion foodservice industry, as well as related marketing service organizations, trade publications, distributors and brokers. For more information, visit ifmaworld.com. Follow IFMA on Twitter: @IFMAWORLD or join our group on LinkedIn. IFMA media contact: Pete Spinner, Director, Integrated Marketing, Phone: 312-253-4690, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Rich Products Corporation:
Rich Products Corporation is a family-owned global food company defined by innovation and an unparalleled commitment to treating its customers, associates, and communities the same way… Like Family. Since 1945, Rich's has been committed to developing food solutions that raise the standards for quality, safety, convenience and efficiency for its customers. As a leading supplier to the global foodservice, in-store bakery and retail marketplaces, Rich's posts annual sales exceeding $3.3 billion, operates 34 manufacturing facilities spanning six continents, and employs more than 9,200 people across the world. Additional company information can be found online (www.richs.com), on Facebook (Rich Products), on LinkedIn (Rich Products Corporation) and via Twitter (@RichProducts). Rich Products media contact Liam O'Mahony, Communications Manager, Phone: 716-878-8853. www.richs.com.
Datassential pioneered several best-in-class tools throughout its 15 year history, including: MenuTrends- the industry's most comprehensive and comprehensive resource for food and flavor trends, spanning 100,000 menus and millions of hand-coded items; Firefly - the industry's gold standard operator database, validated through 5 million phone calls each year and Opera- the industry's largest online operator research panel, spanning 40,000 purchase decision makers. Datassential is a full-service research supplier with an expertise in trends, innovation, consumer insights, and operator behavior. Datassential Media Contact: Jack Li, Managing Director, Phone: 310-922-6299, Email: email@example.com.
About The NPD Group:
The NPD Group provides global information and advisory services to drive better business decisions. By combining unique data assets with unmatched industry expertise, we help our clients track their markets, understand consumers, and drive profitable growth. Sectors covered include automotive, beauty, consumer electronics, entertainment, fashion, food / foodservice, home, luxury, mobile, office supplies, sports, technology, toys, and video games. For more information, visit www.npd.com and npdgroupblog.com. Follow us on Twitter: @npdgroup. The NPD Group media contact: Kim McLynn, Director, Public Relations, Phone: 847-692-1781, Email: Kim.McLynn@npd.com.
About Food Genius:
Food Genius™ is an insight services company delivering big data and analysis solutions to the foodservice industry. Currently tracking 50 million menu items from over 78,000 unique menus at more than 350,000 restaurant locations, Food Genius provides actionable insights and foodservice industry analysis derived through proprietary technology-based approach to foodservice data. www.getfoodgenius.com. Food Genius media contact: Eli Rosenberg, Co-Founder, Director of Marketing, Phone: 312.626.1461, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.