2017 Presidents Awards, Key Person Award, Sparkplug Award and Distributor Awards Winners
The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) honored several executives and companies through multiple awards issued at IFMA’s 55th annual Presidents Conference, co-hosted by the National Restaurant Association (NRA) and the International Foodservice Distributors Association (IFDA). Four award categories paid tribute to a variety of foodservice leaders and businesses who have proven overall industry excellence.
“IFMA’s Presidents Conference is the industry event where leaders meet to discuss critical issues affecting foodservice,” said IFMA President and CEO, Larry Oberkfell. “All members of our industry attend this event to connect with peers and get cutting edge content they can employ in their businesses.”
The following companies and individuals were awarded and honored during IFMA’s 2017 Presidents Conference:
- IFMA Key Person Award, recognizes an executive who has demonstrated an extraordinary level of activity and commitment to IFMA. Awarded to Ben Shanley, Senior Vice President, National Foodservice Operations at Coca-Cola North America. Shanley has been a member of IFMA’s board of directors since 2011, serving as chairperson of several committees, and is IFMA’s incoming board chairman. He has been a strong advocate for IFMA’s programs and an active member of the GS1 US initiative.
- IFMA Presidents Award, pays tribute to individuals who have put forth substantial determination and demonstrated leadership that results in significant change in the foodservice industry. Awarded to Art Bell, LeAnne Garoutte, Tim Hand and Jeff Schroeder, partners at Kinetic12 Consulting.
- IFMA Sparkplug Award, distinguishes professionals who display passionate and dynamic leadership in the foodservice industry. This year’s winners are key constituents of the IFMA Supply Chain Optimization initiative, developing the newest industry best practices. Awarded to:
- Keith Anderkin, Arby’s Supply Chain Cooperative
- Steve Barker, Chick-fil-A
- Donette Beattie, Toppers Pizza
- Jeff Bromwich, Potbelly Sandwich Shop
- Anissa Mandell Chance, Focus Brands
- Dennis Clabby, IPC Subway
- Beth Cook, IPC Subway
- Joe Hinton, Brinker International
- Rich Kamph, Focus Brands
- Kristi Kingery, Tropical Smoothie Café
- Kyle Lindelof, Brinker International
- Charlie Lousignont, Brinker International
- Elena Palmer, Starbucks Coffee Company
- Steve Pattison, RSI/Burger King
- Krista Pohlman, Wendy’s QSCC
- Matt Riddleberger, Firehouse Subs
- Dennie Sandefer, Zaxby’s
- Michele Varian, Sonic Drive-In
- Excellence in Distribution Award, recognizes a corporate or independent distribution organization that has demonstrated excellence in the categories of management and leadership, customer relations, supplier relations and industry/community contributions. Awarded to US Foods.
- Distributor Sales & Marketing Award, honors a single independent distributor or an individual operating company of a distributor with multiple locations that has demonstrated successful planning and execution of creative sales and marketing. Awarded to Ben E. Keith Company.
- Distinguished Industry Achievement Award, pays tribute to leaders who have brought positive change in the foodservice distribution community and have been pioneers in the areas of management, marketing and operations. Awarded to Bill Day, Sysco.