The "business of food" is changing fast. Margins are thin, competition is fierce, and consumer demands for transparency around product information are stronger. Recalls and outbreaks are on the rise. Cutting waste by enhancing efficiencies and improving food safety is more important than ever.
Since 2009, the Foodservice GS1 US Standards Initiative has been working to drive the adoption and implementation of GS1 Standards within the foodservice supply chain. IFMA is in full support of the initiative and the goal of having 75 percent of the foodservice industry (measured by revenue) using GS1 Standards by 2015.
You can learn more about GS1 at our GS1 Community.
If you would like even more in-depth information on how you can improve your business with GS1 Standards, then you don't want to miss GS1 Connect 2013, June 10-13 in San Antonio, TX.
Join industry peers, trading partners, and standards experts for presentations, trading partner roundtables and "How to Do Business with…" sessions that cover how GS1 Standards make it possible for foodservice companies to improve product information, efficiency and food safety.
- Get an update on the progress of the Foodservice GS1 US Standards Initiative
- Understand the value of using Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs) and GS1 barcodes to support upcoming regulatory traceability requirements
- Learn how using GLNs can streamline supply chain transactions and communications
- Gain insights on the value of using the Global Data Synchronization Network™ (GDSN®)
- Hear from the Foodservice GDSN Workgroup on how to populate key information such as nutritionals and allergens in the GDSN
- Find out the latest on GS1 Standards initiatives in the Fresh Foods categories including Produce, Meat and Poultry, and Seafood
- Attend "How to Do Business with…" sessions with your trading partners
- Interact one-on-one with foodservice manufacturers, distributors, and operators at informal trading partner roundtables
- Meet with GS1 US industry experts to learn about adopting GS1 Standards for your organization and ask specific implementation questions
- Engage with conference speakers during and after their sessions
- Visit the Foodservice Zone and the Standards Zone on the exhibit floor to watch demonstrations of GS1 Standards in action
We hope to see you there!