The 2014 Consumer Planning Program (CPP) committee had their first meeting in May. Members discussed which topics they want to do a "deeper dive" on for the first half of the year (the program dives into four topics per calendar year; two in the first half and two in the second half). In addition to the consumer occasions and eater type information, the program continues to track information annually. These topics provide members more insights on consumer behavior. Here is a peek at some data from last year's topics:
- Topic #1 LTOs & Secret Menus
- LTO's represent 74% of overall menu activity
- 43% of consumers think secret menus are interesting.
- Topic #2 Health & Wellness
- "Healthy" is more than fat and calories; it includes "feel good" attributes like local, sustainable, etc.
- However, 73% of consumers have noticed more calorie counts on menus and 33% have changed their order because of it
Sign in to read more…