Chicago, Ill. (March 3, 2014) - The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) announced the winners of the 2014 Silver Plate Awards, the foodservice industry's most coveted operator awards. From among the eight winners, each representing their respective segment of foodservice operations, one will be named the 2014 IFMA Gold Plate Award winner at the 60th Annual Gold & Silver Plate Celebration, May 19, 2014 in Chicago, Ill.
The IFMA Gold & Silver Plate Awards have long been considered the premier awards program throughout foodservice. Legendary operators, such as the late Charlie Trotter ('08), Ronald Shaich Chairman & CEO, Panera Bread ('05) and most recently John C. Metz, Jr. of Sterling Hospitality ('13), have received the top honor. This year's awards celebration is hosted by Gold Plate recipient Jon Luther, former Chairman of the Board, Dunkin' Brands ('07).
"We are privileged to award this year's class of Silver Plate recipients," said Larry Oberkfell, President & CEO, IFMA. "The Gold & Silver Plate Awards are the IFMA community's way of celebrating greatness within the operator community and acknowledging the leadership and dedication these particular individuals have put forth to advance the foodservice industry."
A distinguished jury, including national trade press editors, foodservice experts, past award winners and the chairperson of the International Gold & Silver Plate Society, weigh the merits of hundreds of candidates nominated by IFMA Members. From among the eight IFMA Silver Plate winners, one is chosen to receive the industry's most prestigious recognition, the IFMA Gold Plate. The jury's secret ballot is kept confidential until the Gold & Silver Plate Celebration when the Gold Plate winner is announced for the first time.
The 2014 Silver Plate winners are:
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept: Jack Williams, Co-Founder, Richie's Real American Diner (nominated by Idahoan Foods)
- Chain Full Service/Multi-Concept: Jim Broadhurst, Chairman, Eat'n Park Hospitality Group (nominated by Bigelow Tea)
- Chain Limited Service: Steve Romaniello, Managing Director, Roark Capital Group (nominated by Coca-Cola Refreshments)
- Health Care: Lisette Coston, Executive Director of Support Services, Saint Francis Health System (nominated by Basic American Foods and Schwan's Foodservice)
- Elementary & Secondary Schools: Sandra Ford, Director, Food and Nutrition Services, Manatee County Schools, (nominated by Schwan's Foodservice)
- Colleges & Universities: Mark LoParco, Director of Dining, University of Montana (nominated by Schwan's Foodservice and Sysco)
- Specialty Foodservices: Kevin D' Onofrio, Director of Food Service, Culinary Group, United States Military Academy (nominated by Basic American Foods and Cadet Theodore Fong)
- Hotels & Lodging: Brad Nelson, Vice President Food & Beverage - Culinary & Global Corporate Chef, Marriott International (nominated by Bigelow Tea)
The 60th annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards Celebration is May 19, 2014 at the Great Hall at Union Station in Chicago, Ill. The Celebration draws hundreds of leading foodservice executives from the supplier and operator communities and features a pre-dinner Gold & Silver Plate Society Class Reunion, gourmet meal and exciting after-party.
Sponsorship opportunities for the 60th annual Gold & Silver Plate Awards are available. View a list of opportunities or contact Anthony DePaolo at firstname.lastname@example.org to create a customized sponsorship package.